Brunch Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine the pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges and apples in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 161 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Fruit Salad
"Do not add the bananas until just prior to serving. Very similar recipe to Taste of Home's Four-Fruit Compote. Both are really good!!"
"Made this for brunch exactly as the recipe stated. Excellent with Brunch!"
"My daughter made this for a family gathering we had and everyone loved it. I asked for the recipe and have since made it. Yum!!! Great recipe!!!"
"I have trouble finding good fruit recipes that people actually eat. Well, this is it. I made it for a breakfast, and it was very well received."
"yummy and easy!!"
"I just simply can"t wait to make this delicious fruit salad. I just know my family and friends are going to love . DELICIOUSOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Perfect. The only thing I would do different would be to put the bananas in the bottom, then stir before serving. The bananas stayed good overnight as long as they were completely covered."
"When I think of fruit salad, this is what comes to mind."