Brunch Egg Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes or croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- 4 bacon strips, chopped and partly cooked
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place croutons in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Combine eggs, milk and seasonings; pour into baking dish. Top with partly cooked bacon. Bake until bacon is crisp and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 254 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Egg Casserole
"I made croutons from the last of the "Everything" french loaf I had using 3 tblspns olive oil, 1 tsp italian seasoning & 1 tsp peppercorn & garlic. I microwaved in my Pampered Chef baker for 3 minutes & then followed the recipe exactly until the last item - bacon - we do turkey bacon - and it turned out great! A great savory flavor for a New Year's Day lunch."
"My husband really liked this. It wasn't my favorite though."
"Loved it and my husband did, too. I used day old french bread and pulverized it in my blender in place of croutons. I liked that it didn't have to sit overnight like many other recipes. Thanks!"
"This is my favorite egg casserole to make. Enjoy the fact you don't have to make it the night before, so you can do it last miniute. The only thing I do different is use 5 eggs instead of 4."
"This was a lot easier than other egg casseroles I have tried so I will definitely make it again. I also used the stuffing cubes because I could not find unseasoned croutons but also added 6 eggs instead of 4. I also used crumbled sausage instead of bacon and it was very good."
"YUM! This was easy and delicious and will be a regular main dish for my family - not just for brunch but for any meal! I used stuffing mix instead of croutons, and it tasted delicious. My husband said the leftovers tasted even better than when it was fresh from the oven."