Brunch Egg Bake Recipe
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 8 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine cheeses; place 3 cups in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and set aside. In a medium skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter until tender; drain. Place over cheese; top with ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; mix well. Slowly pour over the cheese. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 322 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 210mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Brunch Egg Bake
"I made this casserole to bring to work for our Friday Food Feast. This egg bake is INCREDIBLE. Everyone loved it, and I had so many wonderful compliments! The bake time was about 7 minutes longer than what is listed, but perhaps that was just my oven. Just follow the instruction to bake it until the tester comes out clean. So glad I found this recipe!"
"Made this yesterday morning. It took MUCH longer than 35-40 mins to bake. In fact, an hour after being put in, I removed it and cut two pieces from one end and microwaved to complete the cooking process so we could eat. I then put the remainder back into the oven to finish cooking as the middle was still uncooked. Otherwise it was very light and very good...almost like a souffle. I will make it again, but will give it more time to bake."
"This is a great recipe! I am a cheese lover, but cut back a little on the cheese. I also cut the milk and flour in half. It still came out perfect. My hubby and coworkers loved it."
"Excellent easy to prepare and good left over!"
"This is my favorite brunch recipe. I took this casserole to Easter brunch at church and received several compliments. I have substituted bacon and sausage for the ham and have gotten equally good results."