- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cheeses; place 3 cups in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, red pepper and onions in butter until tender; drain. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with ham and remaining cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir in eggs, parsley, salt, basil and pepper until blended. Slowly pour over cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBrunch Egg Bake
"I made this casserole to bring to work for our Friday Food Feast. This egg bake is INCREDIBLE. Everyone loved it, and I had so many wonderful compliments! The bake time was about 7 minutes longer than what is listed, but perhaps that was just my oven. Just follow the instruction to bake it until the tester comes out clean. So glad I found this recipe!"
"Made this yesterday morning. It took MUCH longer than 35-40 mins to bake. In fact, an hour after being put in, I removed it and cut two pieces from one end and microwaved to complete the cooking process so we could eat. I then put the remainder back into the oven to finish cooking as the middle was still uncooked. Otherwise it was very light and very good...almost like a souffle. I will make it again, but will give it more time to bake."
"This is a great recipe! I am a cheese lover, but cut back a little on the cheese. I also cut the milk and flour in half. It still came out perfect. My hubby and coworkers loved it."
"Excellent easy to prepare and good left over!"
"This is my favorite brunch recipe. I took this casserole to Easter brunch at church and received several compliments. I have substituted bacon and sausage for the ham and have gotten equally good results."