Bruce’s Hot Barbecue Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, drained
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 to 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a blender, puree the apricots until smooth. Pour into a large Dutch oven; add the next 17 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Liquid smoke if desired. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
May 15, 2016
This BBQ sauce is FANTASTIC! I can't believe there haven't been more reviews here :) I love the sweet heat. I only made 1/4 of the recipe (in case I wasn't a fan), but I'll always make the whole batch going forward. My husband agrees!
Nov 18, 2012
This is the best BBQ sauce I've ever made. Backed up on the red pepper a little bit to, but made the rest to the letter. Thanks for the recipe!!!!
May 11, 2010
I have been making this since it was in the annual Taste Of Home Cookbook Well worth the time keeps forever makes great gift around holidays and is fantastic on burgers also.
Apr 14, 2010
This is my families favorite on pork ribs on the grill. I can't believe no one has written a review on this great sauce! It is SPICY, so be sure how spicy your gang likes their sauce and if not sure go light, you can always add more pepper. I love this recipe especially since it makes enough to last me almost the whole summer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.