- 2 cans (15 ounces each) apricot halves, drained
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 to 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a blender or food processor, puree the apricots until smooth. Pour into a large soup kettle or Dutch oven; add the next 17 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in liquid smoke if desired. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews forBruce's Hot Barbecue Sauce
"This BBQ sauce is FANTASTIC! I can't believe there haven't been more reviews here :) I love the sweet heat. I only made 1/4 of the recipe (in case I wasn't a fan), but I'll always make the whole batch going forward. My husband agrees!"
"This is the best BBQ sauce I've ever made. Backed up on the red pepper a little bit to, but made the rest to the letter. Thanks for the recipe!!!!"
"I have been making this since it was in the annual Taste Of Home Cookbook Well worth the time keeps forever makes great gift around holidays and is fantastic on burgers also."
"This is my families favorite on pork ribs on the grill. I can't believe no one has written a review on this great sauce! It is SPICY, so be sure how spicy your gang likes their sauce and if not sure go light, you can always add more pepper. I love this recipe especially since it makes enough to last me almost the whole summer."