VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 32 pecan halves
- 16 butterscotch chips
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir chopped pecans into batter. Fill eight greased miniature muffin cups and eight greased regular-size muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes for miniature brownies and 23-25 minutes for regular-size brownies or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- On eight dessert plates, place one regular-size brownie for the turtle's body and one small brownie for the head. Arrange four pecan halves around each body for feet. Insert butterscotch chips for eyes. Drizzle caramel topping over turtles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Turtles in Country Woman May/June 2003, p44