Brownie Toffee Trifle
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-in. pan size)
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla or white baking chips
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool; cut into 3/4-in. cubes.
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm water. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in coffee mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle glass or bowl, layer with half of the brownie cubes, pudding, vanilla chips and candy bars. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 440 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 7, 2012
When I make this again I will leave out the water and just add the coffee to the milk and pudding mix it was too soupy with water. Also I will probably let the pudding set up a bit before folding in the cool whip.
Feb 24, 2009
loved it! cant wait to read your cookbook!
Oct 12, 2008
Chocolate lover, tried this dessert: Way too sweet!