Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup and sugar until smooth; stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top begins to crack and crust is golden brown. Cool. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use flour.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 404 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 10, 2015
Sounds amazing .
Oct 24, 2009
I made this pie for a friend's birthday and she loved it. We are both chocoholics and we know how to appreciate a good chocolate dessert.
Aug 17, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.