Brownie Pie A la Mode
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For fudge sauce, in a microwave, heat the chips, milk, sugar and butter until chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with ice cream and additional fudge sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 511 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 1, 2015
This is a dessert that pleases! It tastes great warm from the oven but can also be made ahead to serve later. I found that 30 minutes was a bit too long.....25-28 minutes worked better for me. I like to sometimes vary the flavor of the chips in the batter and enjoy substituting peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, and vanilla chips for something different.
May 1, 2015
I prepared this recipe and I greased and floured a 9" pie plate which I poured the batter into! I did not make the fudge sauce, though! I also omitted the walnuts on account of allergies which people can have. I found that I needed to bake these brownies at least 40 minutes. I used my cake tester to discern the doneness of these brownies. They tested done around 40 minutes.I took the brownie pie to my volunteer job at the Nutrition Dept. in the hospital and everyone really enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein
Jan 26, 2011
Oct 30, 2008
These are really, really good if you sprinkle the top with Heath Toffee bits before baking!
Feb 3, 2008
Made this today for a Superbowl gathering. It was a hit! Two things though...One, the directions said "pour" the batter into the greased pie plate. It is thick batter and doesn't pour out...at least mine didn't...it must be spooned out. Second, the toothpick inserted near the center never did come out clean. I went ahead and took the brownie out at 30 min. It was actually a bit crunchy on the edges...I like crunchy so that was ok, but I would not have wanted to leave it in any longer waiting for the toothpick to come out clean. I will make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.