- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, butter and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For fudge sauce, heat chocolate chips, milk, sugar and butter in a microwave or double boiler until chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with ice cream and additional sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBrownie Pie A la Mode
"This is a dessert that pleases! It tastes great warm from the oven but can also be made ahead to serve later. I found that 30 minutes was a bit too long.....25-28 minutes worked better for me. I like to sometimes vary the flavor of the chips in the batter and enjoy substituting peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, and vanilla chips for something different."
"I prepared this recipe and I greased and floured a 9" pie plate which I poured the batter into! I did not make the fudge sauce, though! I also omitted the walnuts on account of allergies which people can have. I found that I needed to bake these brownies at least 40 minutes. I used my cake tester to discern the doneness of these brownies. They tested done around 40 minutes.I took the brownie pie to my volunteer job at the Nutrition Dept. in the hospital and everyone really enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"These are really, really good if you sprinkle the top with Heath Toffee bits before baking!"
"Made this today for a Superbowl gathering. It was a hit! Two things though...One, the directions said "pour" the batter into the greased pie plate. It is thick batter and doesn't pour out...at least mine didn't...it must be spooned out. Second, the toothpick inserted near the center never did come out clean. I went ahead and took the brownie out at 30 min. It was actually a bit crunchy on the edges...I like crunchy so that was ok, but I would not have wanted to leave it in any longer waiting for the toothpick to come out clean. I will make these again."