Brownie Mallow Bars Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Pour into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake 3 minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix.
1 each: 259 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Brownie Mallow Bars
"I make these all the time on request for my husbands work place, they love them. So easy to make as well."
"Takes a little time but so worth it. My family devoured in short order!"
"Add to the Marshmallow about 1/2 tsp coconut flavoring and about 1/2 Cup flaked coconut, and you have a Mounds bar."
"Lots of calories but oh so worth it the kids now want it for there birthday treat"
"The marshmallow layer was gunky and did not stick well to the brownie layer BUT my 14 yr old nephew LOVED them. I'm making them again for his birthday."
"These are absolutely amazing and an instant hit with the entire crew! We even tried them a 2nd time mixing crushed graham crackers in the with crispies for an even more s'mores-like taste. Yummo!"
"Re: Brownie Mallow BarsThe recipe was easy to follow, but I found it very difficult to cut after being in the refrigerator ( the marshmallow layer was extremely hard)lilypad"
"I have to say i love these brownies. Although I hope she did not take credit herself I have been making these brownies for years. I got the recipe from and old "bake Sale" book. It really upsets me that someone would take the credit for someone elses work! So I hope she is not!Samantha De Paola"