Brownie Ice Cream Pie
"Family members know they're in for a treat when they see me gathering the ingredients for this recipe," writes Mrs. Travis Baker of Litchfield, Illinois. You can fill the brownie crust with store-bought ice cream or use one of the ice cream recipes here.—Mrs. Travis Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 to 3 pints ice cream
- Delicious Chocolate Sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt; add melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Spoon into a greased 10-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Fill with scoops of ice cream. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with chocolate sauce if desired.
Originally published as Brownie Ice Cream Pie in Crafting Traditions July/August 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.