Brownie Ice Cream Cones
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 24 scoops ice cream
- Colored sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; pour into a large bowl. Add sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in the flour, walnuts if desired and vanilla.
- Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- Just before serving, top each with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2014
This was a yummy twist on a traditional brownie recipe. My family absolutely loved this dessert! The German sweet chocolate was so rich and decadent, you almost didn't need the ice cream on top (although it was a tasty addition!) For a larger brownie, I filled the cones slightly over halfway full and cooked them for ten minutes longer than the recipe stated.
Sep 15, 2009
Great Idea with the ice cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.