Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled brownies
- Whipped topping and pecan halves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Gradually stir in milk and vanilla just until combined. Fold in brownies. Spoon filling onto crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping and pecans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2013
I really like this recipe. I have sometimes used a graham cracker crust instead. Also, I have on occasion sprinkled cubed leftover brownies into the bottom of the crust, rather than stirring the crumbled brownies into the filling and this has worked great too. It's a wonderful recipe to use up leftover brownies.
Sep 19, 2013
I use this recipe for a basic cheesecake recipe. Instead of a chocolate cheesecake, I leave out the cocoa and make a delicious white cheesecake. Also, I have left the cocoa out of the crumb mixture for the bottom. You can switch it up and it's always a hit!
Mar 27, 2013
great use of leftover brownies. Took about 30 minutes to make, but worth it. Baked only 45 minutes, and that was enough. My daughter loved it as a birthday cake!
Dec 21, 2011
It was not one of my favorites for sure. I thought it was to dry & heavy. The brownie kept it from being a nice creamy cheesecake texture.