Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled brownies
- Whipped topping and pecan halves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Gradually stir in milk and vanilla just until combined. Fold in brownies. Spoon filling onto crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping and pecans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 30, 2013
I really like this recipe. I have sometimes used a graham cracker crust instead. Also, I have on occasion sprinkled cubed leftover brownies into the bottom of the crust, rather than stirring the crumbled brownies into the filling and this has worked great too. It's a wonderful recipe to use up leftover brownies.
Sep 19, 2013
I use this recipe for a basic cheesecake recipe. Instead of a chocolate cheesecake, I leave out the cocoa and make a delicious white cheesecake. Also, I have left the cocoa out of the crumb mixture for the bottom. You can switch it up and it's always a hit!
Mar 27, 2013
great use of leftover brownies. Took about 30 minutes to make, but worth it. Baked only 45 minutes, and that was enough. My daughter loved it as a birthday cake!
Dec 21, 2011
It was not one of my favorites for sure. I thought it was to dry & heavy. The brownie kept it from being a nice creamy cheesecake texture.