- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled brownies
- Whipped topping and pecan halves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Stir in the butter until blended. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the cocoa; mix well. Beat in the eggs just until combined. Fold in brownies. Spoon into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped topping and pecans if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forBrownie Cheesecake
"I really like this recipe. I have sometimes used a graham cracker crust instead. Also, I have on occasion sprinkled cubed leftover brownies into the bottom of the crust, rather than stirring the crumbled brownies into the filling and this has worked great too. It's a wonderful recipe to use up leftover brownies."
"I use this recipe for a basic cheesecake recipe. Instead of a chocolate cheesecake, I leave out the cocoa and make a delicious white cheesecake. Also, I have left the cocoa out of the crumb mixture for the bottom. You can switch it up and it's always a hit!"
"great use of leftover brownies. Took about 30 minutes to make, but worth it. Baked only 45 minutes, and that was enough. My daughter loved it as a birthday cake!"
"It was not one of my favorites for sure. I thought it was to dry & heavy. The brownie kept it from being a nice creamy cheesecake texture."