Browned Butter Frosting
This old-fashioned frosting is great on an apple cake or spice cake or cupcakes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 202 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Browned Butter Frosting in Taste of Home Baking Book