Crispy rice treats were one of the first recipes I ever made as a kid. For this version, I wanted to make something similar but more special. Friends and family think using Cap'n Crunch and browned butter is genius, but I just call them delicious.—Kelly Krauss, Lebanon, New Jersey
Featured In: 25 Fun Halloween Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups white fudge-covered miniature pretzels
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups Cap'n Crunch
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides; set aside. Freeze pretzels, miniature marshmallows and baking chips 1 hour.
- Remove pretzels, marshmallows and baking chips from freezer; combine in a large bowl. In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 10-13 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Add large marshmallows; cook and stir until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in cereal until coated. Stir in pretzel mixture; transfer to prepared pan, pressing evenly with a buttered spatula. Cool completely.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove cereal mixture from pan. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Browned Butter Cereal Bars in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p115
Reviews forBrowned Butter Cereal Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2016
"This was so good I honestly felt like crying my self to sleep because this is greater than morning wood"