Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches with White Chocolate
When I decided to host a family barbecue, I was determined to create an original dessert I could take straight off the grill. It's absolutely divine, especially when topped with whipped cream or a scoop of peach ice cream. —Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup chopped white baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add peaches, one half at a time, and toss to coat. Reserve remaining butter mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place peaches cut side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn and fill peaches with white chocolate. Drizzle with reserved butter mixture. Cover and grill 4-5 minutes longer or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- Sprinkle peaches with pecans and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 peach half (calculated without whipped cream): 152 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Peaches and Ground Sugar with White Chocolate in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012