Brown Sugar-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brandy, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, apple juice, apple and raisins; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in brandy.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; top with apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and sweet potatoes are tender, basting occasionally with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 20, 2016
Love the sweet potato, apple and raisin combo. The brown sugar glaze makes everything warm and caramelized, a perfect fall recipe!
Feb 20, 2015
We really enjoyed these! My whole family has a sweet tooth and we're all big fans of the marshmallow coated sweet potato casserole. This was as good, with way more natural ingredients. Love the touch of brandy.
Feb 9, 2015
These were done just right. A little too sweet for my liking, but my fianc? gobbled them up!