Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
My family prefers these to a traditional roasted ham. It seems they gobble them up as soon as I set them out. You can make them ahead and reheat the next day.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain ham balls; drizzle with syrup mixture; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 338 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Ham Balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001