- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and mustard in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and store for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain ham balls; pour syrup over ham balls. Bake 10 minutes longer or until glazed. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forBrown Sugar Glazed Ham Balls
"We did not like these at all. When I was mixing them up, I feared they would be dry and I was right. Just all around not good."