Brown Sugar Glazed Coffee Ring
Christmas morning, which is also my daughter's birthday, has always started with this coffee ring and fresh fruit; a tasty treat for kids and adults alike.—Donna Conda, North Canton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, mix mincemeat, milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 8-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar just until blended. Immediately pour over warm coffee ring.
Originally published as Mincemeat Coffee Ring with Brown Sugar Glaze in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.