- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Reviews forBrown Sugar Crinkles
"As a Volunteer Field Editor I enjoy testing recipes! Found this recipe tonight while searching for something a bit different to try. These are wonderfully chewy in the inside and crisp on the outside. I must have made mine bigger as I only got 9 1/2 dozen and the recipe says 13 dozen. They spread out quite a bit while baking so my cookies ended up being quite large (but who doesn't love a big cookie?). Will definitely be adding these into my cookie rotation!"
"These were yummy! Remind me of the Charles Chips cookies I had as a little girl. Sand tarts? One bite & I was transported!"