Brown Sugar Cashew Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted cashews
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; mix well. Fold in cashews. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 239 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 30, 2017
This is a very good fudge. The brown sugar and salted nuts are a nice pairing. Do add the powdered sugar very gradually. I actually had to make this recipe twice because the first time I added it too quickly (3 additions) and it was a mess. I would suggest at least six additions.
Dec 22, 2013
I loved the taste. When I boiled it for the five minutes, the mixture turned much darker. I am wondering if that gave it a better taste. I will definitely make it again.
Jan 8, 2010
Good texture. Didn't need to be refrigerated to "set-up". BUT the taste, there really wasn't any! VERY bland. Trying to think of ways to kick it up a notch