Brown Rice Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, rice and apple. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, mayonnaise, sugar and salt; pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 109 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 7, 2012
Very good! I had to add extra sugar to get it sweet enough for our taste. Will try using stevia to cut out a few calories. Will be making often!
Jul 2, 2011
awesome-awesome! so easy to make- took it to work for a dinner- had nothing to take home. sue