Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breasts
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 236 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Brown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
"What a delightful dish! This was our main dish Friday night and I ate the leftovers Sunday night. The lemon keeps the apple from browning. I will definitely make this recipe again."
"OK, so I have to add -- I tried the refrigerated leftovers the next day and, while still good, it wasn't nearly as delicious as when it was just made and at room temperature. Kind of lost the vinegar part of the taste, or something. Anyway, maybe it would have improved if I had allowed to return to room temperature again, I don't know, but just FYI!"
"YES, I would make this again!! I just finished scarfing down a bunch of it. I love that it is totally different than anything I have ever made before, that it is has lots of healthy ingredients in it, and it tastes great. I made it just about exactly as written."
"This was an interesting recipe that I couldn't resist trying. Brown rice is always an eyecatcher and mixed with all those ingredients it was a keeper. Gave some away and they liked it, too."
"So much flavor and healthy! My family scraped the bowl! Keeper!"
"This was very good! Hearty enough for a meal."
"My children LOVE this! They can help make and mix it, not to mention they eat it right out of the mixing bowl. Thank you!"