- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed grilled chicken breast
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBrown Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken
"What a delightful dish! This was our main dish Friday night and I ate the leftovers Sunday night. The lemon keeps the apple from browning. I will definitely make this recipe again."
"OK, so I have to add -- I tried the refrigerated leftovers the next day and, while still good, it wasn't nearly as delicious as when it was just made and at room temperature. Kind of lost the vinegar part of the taste, or something. Anyway, maybe it would have improved if I had allowed to return to room temperature again, I don't know, but just FYI!"
"YES, I would make this again!! I just finished scarfing down a bunch of it. I love that it is totally different than anything I have ever made before, that it is has lots of healthy ingredients in it, and it tastes great. I made it just about exactly as written."
"This was an interesting recipe that I couldn't resist trying. Brown rice is always an eyecatcher and mixed with all those ingredients it was a keeper. Gave some away and they liked it, too."
"So much flavor and healthy! My family scraped the bowl! Keeper!"
"This was very good! Hearty enough for a meal."
"My children LOVE this! They can help make and mix it, not to mention they eat it right out of the mixing bowl. Thank you!"