Brown Rice Chicken Salad
“This is a wonderful salad to serve for dinner,” writes Naomi Reed of McMinnville, Oregon. “Not only is it delicious, it's also very pretty.” From sweet carrots and almonds to fresh cilantro and lime, this brings a lovely medley of flavors to the table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over rice mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 513 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Almond Brown Rice Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.