Brown Rice Bake
Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania needs just four ingredients and a few minutes to assemble this side dish that's pleasantly priced at 55 cents a serving.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 247 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Brown Rice Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.