Brown Rice Apple Salad
When I want to serve a different type of salad, this is the recipe I frequently reach for. It meets all my "requirements" for a great recipe—fast, filling...and foolproof!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add next five ingredients; mix well and set aside. For dressing, whisk together next six ingredients until smooth; pour over salad. Chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Brown Rice Apple Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.