Brown Butter Brusssels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts really get a special treatment in this recipe. The browned butter adds a richness and the panko bread crumbs a nice crunch.—Lori Hiltenbeitel, Dayton, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the brussels sprouts, shallots and pancetta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 254 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Brown Butter Brusssel Sprouts with pancetta, gorganzola with a crispy panko crust in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.