- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp-tender. Spread with rosemary butter; serve immediately.
3 slice: 101 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.