Broiled Zucchini with Rosemary Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium zucchini
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp-tender. Spread with rosemary butter; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3 slices: 101 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 1, 2018
Needed to use up some zucchini and found this recipe. Super easy and yummy. I didn't have the green onions, but we liked it without them. I think I'm going to try grilling them next time.
Feb 2, 2012
This was fast and easy.