Broiled Shrimp Canapes
The crisp toast contrasts nicely with the mild-flavored shrimp topping in these savory snacks. Save time by assembling the topping the day before.—Jeff Johnston, Janesville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 slices day-old white bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Using a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four circles from each slice of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Combine butter and thyme; brush over bread circles. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, bread crumbs and mayonnaise (mixture will be dry and crumbly). Place 2 teaspoonfuls on each bread circle; press down gently. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.