- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried green split peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute carrot and onion in oil until tender. Add the lentils, peas, garlic and capers; cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Stir in lemon juice.
- Spritz fillets with butter-flavored spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lentil mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroiled Salmon with Mediterranean Lentils
"I gave this 4 stars because I added spices, which I felt made it better. I also deviated on the salmon because I was afraid it would dry out. My husband devoured it, and it was a nice change of flavors."
"I'm not always crazy about Mediterranian dishes, but I liked thiss.The lebtils were a nice combination with the salmon and I felt like I was eating healthily."