VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Brush pears with lemon juice; place on a broiler pan, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Pear Dessert in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p52