Broiled Halibut Steaks with Raspberry Sauce for 2
“This elegant and delicious entree is so easy to prepare. Salmon can be used instead of halibut, and blackberry jam in place of raspberry. It’s outstanding!” Allene Bary-Cooper - Wichita Falls, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh raspberries and lemon wedges, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with butter mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam, onion and mustard until jam is melted, stirring once. Serve with fish. Garnish with raspberries and lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 427 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Broiled Halibut Steaks with Raspberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.