VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds halibut fillets
- 1 medium green pepper, but into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut fish into 1-in. pieces. Alternately thread the fish, green pepper, onion, pineapple and tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on a greased broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended. Spoon some sauce over the kabobs.
- Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes. Turn; broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Halibut Kabobs in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p10