Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seedless red and green grape clusters
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat until sugar is bubbly.
- For garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place on grapefruit; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2012
I had to chuckle when I saw this as my Home Economics teacher taught me this in 1958, it's still a fun change and tasty!
May 6, 2011
This recipe has become a tradition for Mother's Day breakfast! Delicious!!
Jan 13, 2010
This grapefruit dish is so good, my family wants it repeatedly. It's a keeper, for sure, and will end up in my recipe box.