Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Seedless red and green grape clusters
- Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally. With a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place grapefruit halves, cut side up, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar; sprinkle over grapefruit. Drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat until sugar is bubbly.
- For garnish, rinse grape clusters and dip in remaining sugar. Place on grapefruit; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 20, 2012
I had to chuckle when I saw this as my Home Economics teacher taught me this in 1958, it's still a fun change and tasty!
May 6, 2011
This recipe has become a tradition for Mother's Day breakfast! Delicious!!
Jan 13, 2010
This grapefruit dish is so good, my family wants it repeatedly. It's a keeper, for sure, and will end up in my recipe box.