Broiled Chicken Tenderloin Sandwiches
I'm always looking for new ways to serve chicken, and these tangy hot sandwiches have become a favorite. My husband and 5-year-old always ask for seconds. —Jessica Dieters, Laramie, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 Italian sandwich buns, split
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper, basil and garlic salt until smooth; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and remaining lemon-pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Spoon half of lemon juice mixture over top. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn chicken; top with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Place buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Spread cut side of each bottom half with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Layer with chicken, onion and lettuce; replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 532 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 49g protein.
Originally published as Broiled Chicken Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010