Broiled Breakfast Grapefruit
“Here's a dressed-up way to prepare a breakfast classic," says Tonda. "The warm sweetness of brown sugar contrasts with the cool, sharp grapefruit taste. It's fabulous served hot and bubbly.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda brown sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Broiled Grapefruit in Country Woman February/March 2008