“Here's a dressed-up way to prepare a breakfast classic," says Tonda. "The warm sweetness of brown sugar contrasts with the cool, sharp grapefruit taste. It's fabulous served hot and bubbly.”
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Make with Fresh Citrus
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut grapefruit in half horizontally; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine the sugar substitute, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; sprinkle over grapefruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Grapefruit in Country Woman February/March 2008, p31
Reviews forBroiled Breakfast Grapefruit
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"Nice way to serve grapefruit in the winter."