Broiled Bananas A La Mode
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 12 medium firm bananas, peeled
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 quart peach, vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- In a small saucepan, heat preserves over medium heat until warmed. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and extract. Halve bananas lengthwise; cut widthwise into thirds.
- Arrange cut side down in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan. Drizzle with apricot sauce; sprinkle with coconut. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2013
The bananas have a nice combination of flavors. Next time I will leave out the extract, since the apricot and orange flavor is wonderful on its own. Don't serve this with peach sherbet if you can't find peach ice cream---just awful! Vanilla ice cream would work really well.