VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small firm bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Peel bananas; cut in half lengthwise, then widthwise. Place bananas in a greased 9-in. square dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over bananas.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broiled Banana Crisp in Country Woman May/June 2003, p35