Broiled Banana Crisp
For a quick dessert, try this wonderful banana recipe. The oats and brown sugar add a wonderful sweetness and crunch to this crisp.—Dorothy Sander, Fairfax, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 small firm bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Peel bananas; cut in half lengthwise, then widthwise. Place bananas in a greased 9-in. square dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over bananas.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Broiled Banana Crisp in Country Woman May/June 2003