- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup smoked or roasted salted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and garlic in oil over medium-high heat until garlic is golden brown, 2 minutes. Add water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until broccoli is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add almonds and pimientos. Cook, uncovered, until water is evaporated, 1 minute.
3/4 cup: 155 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.