Broccoli with Mock Hollandaise
Roxana Quarles of Ralph, Alabama dresses up broccoli with a lemony sauce that complements the veggie flavor nicely. Not a fan of broccoli? This simple side dish will change your mind.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reaches 160°. Serve with broccoli.