“I enjoyed a delicious broccoli dish in Mexico a few years ago and tried making it in my own kitchen. I think my Broccoli with Lemon Sauce tastes very much like what I had at the restaurant,” field editor Nancy Larkin writes from Maitland, Florida.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, lemon juice and peel. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Lemon Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p51
Reviews forBroccoli with Lemon Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
"This was okay, it needed more seasoning than the recipe calls for, it was pretty bland."