Broccoli with Lemon Sauce
“I enjoyed a delicious broccoli dish in Mexico a few years ago and tried making it in my own kitchen. I think my Broccoli with Lemon Sauce tastes very much like what I had at the restaurant,” field editor Nancy Larkin writes from Maitland, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, lemon juice and peel. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with broccoli.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli in Taste of Home February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.