Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter
Instead of simply topping steamed broccoli with plain butter, the home economists in our Test Kitchen suggest you try serving it with an easy-to-prepare flavored butter. This is also a tasty topping for a sugar snap peas, green beans and carrots.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, butter, vinegar and ginger. Cook until marmalade and butter are melted. Drain broccoli; drizzle with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001